OC's LARGEST AND BEST BAR ASSOCIATION
IN THE BEGINNING
“NOCBA was founded on the principle that within our justice community, we have more in common than that which divides us.
We needed a clearinghouse for information as much as we needed an opportunity to simply get to know one another— to return back to a time when the profession was marked by friends on both sides of counsel table and the bench who were fierce advocates and impartial judges and associates by day, and trusted friends by night.
And our experiment worked. North is widely recognized as the most robust, vibrant district around.”
Jacqueline Goodman, Esq. ~ Co-Founder
A Short story about NOCBA
On this note, the North Orange County Bar Association, or NOCBA as it is more widely known, was founded in 2010.
Almost immediately, attorney’s, judges, court clerks, court reporters, sheriff’s deputies and other legal service providers in North Orange County embraced the new organization and its commitment to excellence, consummate ethics, mutual respect, and dedication to helping others.
They admired NOCBA’s governing principal that life consists not merely in dreaming dreams of a better tomorrow, but in active and willing service to improve the lives of others and our own.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The North Orange County Bar Association is an organization comprised of members of the legal profession dedicated to the promotion of justice through education, communication, and assistance between the courts and the bar. Members include lawyers, judges, court clerks, court reporters, sheriff’s deputies, and other legal service providers in North Orange County.
Participation in NOCBA will remind you of how gratifying it can be to serve others as we nurture our own relationships and create new opportunities for success. We hope you’ll join us.
We strive to achieve our goal in several ways:
- By providing a clearinghouse for information between the North Justice Center Bench and Bar
- By providing a forum for discussion of topics that affect the professionals who work within the North Justice Center
- By providing an informal, enjoyable setting for all associated professionals to meet and foster better cooperation and mutually-beneficial professional relationships
- By providing low-cost, highly relevant continuing legal education
- By celebrating the work of those heroes among us, who, as we recognize their achievements and example, elevate the professional standards of all in the legal community and inspire us to strive for greatness.
Membership has its benefits
Here’s what you get with a NOCBA membership: