Join us at the Matador on Wed, September 22nd @ 6, as NJC’s resident probation officer, Valerie Preciado, and her panel of probation officers explain how the puzzle pieces of the Orange County Probation Department’s separate units interact and connect to create the best justice picture for bench officers, attorneys, and other criminal justice providers.
Topics to be discussed include:
- PARS (Pre-Trial Supervision: in-custody and out of custody assessments and reports).
- SEC (Electronic Monitoring Application Process)
- Investigation Unit (Pre-Plea, Probation & Sentencing Reports, Cognitive Disabilities, & SARATSO)
- Firearm Relinquishments (Forms & Reports)
- Interstate Compact (Out of state transfer on formal and some informal cases)
- BTP/CAT (Program requirements, enrollment, progress reviews and programs)
- Financial Unit (Financial Obligations and AB 1950)
Please note that 1.0 Hour Law Practice MCLE Credit will be available for this event.